- SSPH+ Lugano Summer School in Public Health Policy, Economics, and Management
- The Mental Health Network Switzerland (NPG)
- 14.30 - 14.40 -> Introduction by the event organizers.
Speakers -> Prof. L. Suzanne Suggs (SSPH+ LSS Summer School) & Annette Hitz, MSc (NPG)
- 14.40 - 15.10 -> Ha Vinh Tho presents the international and Bhutan experience, as well as the Swiss project "Happy Schools Inspire", founded by the Eurasia Learning Institute (ELI). The project has been implemented at CHUV Lausanne and is an interesting best practice example of how the concept of gross national happiness has been adapted in Switzerland.
Speaker -> Dr. Ha Vinh Tho
- 15.10 - 15.45 -> Q&A Session
Moderators -> Prof. L. Suzanne Suggs & Annette Hitz, MSc
English with French and German translation
Join us here
Learn more about the concept of gross national happiness
Gross National Happiness (GNH) is distinguishable from Gross Domestic Product by valuing collective happiness as the goal of governance, by emphasizing harmony with nature and traditional values as expressed in the 9 domains of happiness and 4 pillars of GNH. According to the Bhutanese government, the four pillars of GNH are:
- sustainable and equitable socio-economic development;
- environmental conservation;
- preservation and promotion of culture; and
- good governance.
The nine domains of GNH are psychological well-being, health, time use, education, cultural diversity and resilience, good governance, community vitality, ecological diversity and resilience, and living standards. Each domain is composed of subjective (survey-based) and objective indicators. The domains weigh equally but the indicators within each domain differ by weight.